Enterprise IT Landscape Management in the Digitization Age
Digital services improve the customer experience. They also raise the bar for the workforce behind the digital scene. The quality, speed and responsiveness of backend customer support activities must be on par with the digital frontend. Customer support needs to be able to react fast, provide correct answers and offer valid solutions for issues in situations where human interaction is still a vital part of servicing the customer. Giving employees an optimized IT workspace is the best way to rise to this challenge.
The workplace is an important component of an organization’s IT documentation. The FNT Workplace Infrastructure Management solution enables enterprise IT customers to holistically design, roll out, and operate state-of-the-art infrastructures for workplaces. The solution helps organizations achieve greater operational efficiency in documenting and managing all workplace elements, from laptops and PCs/NCs to virtualized desktops, installed software, as well as the usual periphery elements like monitor devices, printers, etc. It also includes voice communications infrastructure as part of the service portfolio offered to the end user of IT services. Any form of fixed and mobile telephony devices, including SIM cards, can be documented and managed.
Additionally, the solution features catalog management, order and workorder management, blueprinting capabilities, integrated parameter management, and support for zero-touch provisioning of virtual resources. These capabilities elevate the provisioning of workplace services to a whole new level of speed and quality.
To evolve the company workforce with the digitally transforming environment, a service manager’s priority should be to ensure that workplace and communications infrastructure is working flawlessly and provides maximum transparency to all users. This can be achieved with a central solution for control and optimization of the delivery of enterprise-wide IT workplace services.
Request your demo now!
Three Solution Levels
One size does not fit all, especially when it comes to software. All solutions are available in three versions of progressively increasing functionality. Choose the level of support that best suits your needs. Change your selection as your needs change.
Request your demo now!
- Gather and consolidate CI data in greenfield scenarios or quickly and easily migrate and improve quality of data from existing repositories
- Track any CI with holistic CI lifecycle status management
- Reconcile database with auto-discovery information for an always up-to-date data repository
- Know the exact location of any workplace infrastructure element, how it is configured, what software runs on it, who owns it, and what contracts exist for support and maintenance
- Manage maintenance schedules and phase out workplace infrastructure elements in a controlled procedure
- Analyze the documented workplace infrastructure landscape, recognize patterns and utilize the insights to engineer new standard workplace configurations
- Roll out new standard workplace configurations to replace complex ones with simplified and easier-to-operate arrangements
- Design relevant CI configurations to implement new workplace technology
- Determine the expected CI quantities, anticipate workload and control the scope of the actual rollout
- Merge infrastructure elements of the IT workplace into a true service design following a combination of the FNT bE_Method and a holistic master data management approach
- Manage the workplace infrastructure as a part of the overall IT service portfolio including offer and contract management, change management, and IT service accounting
- Design workplace services in terms the customer can easily understand
- Integrate the full SLA perspective by specifying helpdesk support availability, reaction and response times, spare part services, etc., as service parameters and offer them in standardized sizings with selectable options to populate request portals & shop frontends
Deliver exceptional workplace infrastructure services
Design and operate your workplace services holistically from the hardware level up via virtualization and application software operations. Achieve faster provisioning and increase performance, availability, and reliability to meet customer expectations and fulfill SLAs. With the personal workplace environment at the forefront of the users perception of IT this strongly impacts the overall internal customer satisfaction and experience.
Streamline cost of procuring and operating complex workplace environments
Optimize complex workplace infrastructure landscapes by enforcing standardization on the component level while still offering flexible service choices to users by just configurational choices. Increase purchase volume per manufacturer and strengthen your negotiation position. Always have a perfect overview of installed software on workplaces to optimize licensing cost structures and ensure auditability at any time.
Achieve standardization policy enforcement
Realize decreased operational delivery efforts and increased speed due to streamlined and coordinated delivery, operations and maintenance processes over the whole workplace service lifecycle, and reduce unnecessary hardware, software, and configurational diversity by defining and working with standard templates. This will reduce planning and execution errors, avoid additional coordination overhead and eliminate undefined process and system states.
Visualize previously undetected tendencies on the early warning radar
The replacement of unforeseen accumulations of workplace devices nearing the end of the manufacturers support and maintenance lifecycle can have an impact on budget and cost planning while derailing project timelines and affecting operations. In the worst case it might even jeopardize financial liquidity. With advanced warning, teams will have sufficient lead time to react and adapt to these changes.