Ensure fault-free global interconnectivity between every location of your enterprise and its central data center hubs
Successful corporations think globally and act locally. They combine the strength of a central headquarters with the advantages of proximity to local customers and resources. They also know the key to executing this type of strategy: reliable data interconnectivity.
FNT Enterprise Connectivity Management
The core of FNT Enterprise Connectivity Management (External Network) is a central repository that provides a complete inventory of all leased data carrier lines. This facilitates maintaining a governing oversight of long-distance networks. Comprehensive documentation of all connected endpoints, all associated contracts, and the relevant provider master data delivers maximum transparency. Integrated ready-to-use reports give a detailed overview and help identify and address specific issues. Pre-defined document templates help optimize purchase and termination processes. Planning and workorder capabilities facilitate setting up new connections and endpoints.
These leased data carrier lines are only one component of the actual connectivity service being provided within the corporation. Active endpoint components like supplier-specific routers must be set up, firewalls configured, and internal routings defined. Furthermore, capacity planning needs to ensure sufficient bandwidth at all locations, at all times.
The solution also organizes and manages external connectivity services in a product catalog. This enables enterprises to holistically design, offer, roll out and operate advanced external network connectivity as a business service, complete with transparent SLA/OLA descriptions, service quality parameters and pricing.
Providing these connections requires the IT department manage numerous leased data carrier lines from a broad range of telco providers. Processes impacted include provider selection, order initiation, contract management and provider partnership termination.
- Gather and consolidate Wide Area Network (WAN) structures built up from numerous leased data carrier lines in greenfield scenario
- Quickly and easily migrate and improve quality of data from existing network repositories and manual spreadsheets
- Know the exact location of any active WAN connection endpoint
- Access information about WAN connections including configuration, what software runs on it, ownership, and contract details
- Manage maintenance schedules and phase out infrastructure elements in a controlled procedure
- Visualize and easily navigate the WAN structure
- Identify strategic connections and ensure their redundancy via separate providers
- Scale connections according to actual demand
- Detect carrier line connections no longer in use and terminate their contracts
- Analyze the current situation to either diversify the provider portfolio and reduce dependency on a single source of connectivity services, or consolidate providers to improve negotiating power
- Merge the supplied “naked” leased data carrier line with your added value setup, security and brokering management services for true connectivity service design
- Manage the WAN infrastructure as a part of the overall IT service portfolio including offer and contract management, change management and IT service accounting
- Design remote site connectivity services in terms the customer can easily understand
- Integrate the full SLA perspective and offer in standardized sizings with selectable options to populate request portals and shop frontend
Deliver exceptional WAN and network infrastructure services
Design and operate remote site network connection services holistically. Achieve faster provisioning of new connections, increase performance, availability, and reliability to meet customer expectations, and fulfil SLAs. Promote positive perception of IT and improve overall internal customer satisfaction.
Minimize cost of procuring and operating complex WAN infrastructure environments
Optimize complex WAN infrastructure landscapes by enforcing standardization on the component level while still offering flexible service choices to users. Increase purchase volume per manufacturer and strengthen negotiation position. Detect and utilize hidden reserves in bandwidth capacity and realize cost savings by optimizing the procurement strategy.
Support corporate regional growth and adaption strategies with tailored connectivity
Compare and extrapolate bandwidth needs from documented past developments to aid planning the connections of new facilities, offices and factories in new regions, countries and markets.