Catalog-Driven Design and Management of Digital Services
A catalog-driven approach puts the customer center stage, determines their specific needs and requirements, and takes these findings into account for every decision made in the service design and delivery. To manage services and lifecycles efficiently, service providers need an enterprise-wide product, resource, and service catalog.
The Catalog-Driven Approach
To effectively offer a customer-centric product portfolio, standardization is key. With this modular approach, components are flexible and can be configured individually when a new product is created.
Once a product portfolio is established, service providers must implement a software solution that offers a comprehensive catalog management system to define, manage, and monitor services over their entire service lifecycle.
FNT Catalog Management is an enterprise-wide product, service, and resource catalog based on a best-practice methodology. The solution enables enterprise IT customers and service providers to holistically design, define, manage, and operate products and digital services. It acts as the single system of record for services and lifecycle management, the heart of any service delivery platform.
FNT Catalog Management is based on the industrial principles leveraging standardization, variant management, and modularization. This allows providers to quickly design new services based on standard components, enabling them to react fast on market demands and respond to competitors in an easy and flexible manner. Best of all, the customer feels like they are getting an individualized service although it is actually composed of standardized building blocks.
Request your demo now!
In order to take full advantage of automation, a product-driven approach with a unified catalog that creates transparency over all service assets and a high degree of standardization of services is needed. This standardization enables the end-to-end automation of processes across silos and leads to an improved speed-to-market, lower costs, and increased customer satisfaction.
Request your demo now!
To accelerate service design, FNT Service Design provides a best-practice methodology that allows to graphically define and compose standardized building blocks that include SLA parameters, commercial and technical features, prices, configuration variants, responsibilities, and work orders for the subsequent design and management of individual product catalogs and service inventories.
- Design, define and compose products and services faster from both a business and IT perspective with the help of a proven methodology
- Bring IT and infrastructure services to market faster and in a range of configuration variants that match customer requirements with standardized templates
- Manage portfolios and customer-specific catalogs centrally and maintain full control of publications and versioning
- FNT Offer and Contract Management let customers easily select configuration variants, use them to create offers and manage contracts
FNT Service Inventory provides a centralized and comprehensive overview of all delivered services per customer including sub-services, provisioned (infrastructure) resources, cost / price metrics, propagation rules and contract information (SLAs). The costs of individual service components are aggregated to create the final price and can be managed via currency, cost type, and configuration. FNT Service Inventory serves as single system of record that exchanges information with rich APIs with systems that are involved in all relevant processes, ranging from online stores to process and workflow orchestration, service monitoring, and automation of IT and infrastructure services.
- Share accurate product, service, and resource data across the entire organization and thus leverage service automation
- Digitized catalogs accelerate subsequent service delivery processes and provide the basis for smooth service deliveries, faster processes, and lower process costs
- Create benefit-oriented descriptions for each individual service with corresponding technical parameters for subsequent deliveries
- Create cost structure transparency to price a service and to justify higher prices for complex services
Continuously update even the most extensive service portfolios with FNT Product & Service Lifecycle Management. Track and manage the status of every service or individual asset over the entire lifecycle – from initial offer through deployment to end-of-life. FNT Product & Service Lifecycle Management also enhances Business and IT Collaboration by providing complete transparency into the service inventory, business viewpoints, the technical and procedural aspects, as well as the dependencies and relationships between internally provided and externally purchased services.
- Maintain full control while implementing rolling improvements
- Experience greater efficiency in the affected processes as well as detailed analysis
- ́́Lower integration and processing costs
- Utilize standardized data references to improve workflows
- Describe IT services in a more user-friendly way
- Provide benefit-oriented service descriptions and configuration options
- Deploy services faster and more efficiently
- Reduce time-to-market
- Optimize cost structures
- Improve business and IT collaboration
- Individualize products and services by configuration and variant management
- Leverage modularization, standardization, and variant management
- Quickly reuse product and service data across the entire lifecycle
- ́́Map products and services to the IT infrastructure underneath
- Automate products and services
- Drive operational excellence with faster service design
Download the Solution Sheet
Request your demo now!
Advanced Methods for Success in the Digital Economy
The world is becoming more digital: network infrastructures are constantly growing and their complexity is increasing. The IoT and Industry 4.0 brings billions of new connected devices. At the same time, security and availability requirements are increasing. One thing is clear: managing network operation and expansion efficiently in the future will require an inside view of the infrastructure. Learn more in our white paper!