Infrastructure Planning and Management in Data Centers
Modern data center infrastructure is constantly evolving. Continuous expansion and updating creates hybrid environments, in which new technologies coexist with legacy systems. Overcoming this complexity to ensure optimum utilization of the data center requires a complete overview of all components and capacities.
Consistent, up-to-date, and valid data is crucial for data center management, enabling informed decision making about the use of resources.
In light of accelerating digital transformation, data center facilities need to house an increasing volume of diverse assets and provide services faster than ever. This is only possible if data centers have a coherent inventory management system that can be used to manage all the relevant resources, whether physical, logical, or virtual. FNT Data Center Management provides end-to-end transparency into all data center operations to enable such a system.
- Detailed data on all physical and virtual assets
- Site information and a complete breakdown of the site
- Standard and user-defined reports
- Configurable dashboard views of inventory
- Links, dependencies and relationships
- Warranty and SLA information
- Information to track assets from planning to end of life
- Logbook and change history
- Support for all kinds of infrastructures:
- Cables, including patch cables, patch panels, junction boxes, splice trays
- Outdoor infrastructure, such as standard ducts, micro-duct systems, trays, shafts
- Reports with impact assessments for the services affected by an outage
- Extensive end-to-end signal tracing across all devices and cables
- Optional GIS representation of trays and cable routes on the campus
- Be certain that data capacity, power supply, white space, and air conditioning meet the needs of users or clients
- Maximize utilization of existing resources and increase resource density
- Compare actual power consumption with planned power consumption and get time-dependent analysis of changes
- Identify unused capacity and possible capacity bottlenecks
- Reduce over-provisioning while guaranteeing safe operation and tierlevel reliability
- Reduce energy costs and increase energy efficiency
- Maintain optimum operating conditions within the data center
- A comprehensive data model with convenient configuration options
- A unique recording system for all resources within the data center
- Inventory management for data center resources over the entire lifecycle of the devices
- Clear, precise, end-to-end view of all objects and relationships
- Full transparency into all passive system resources, both internally and externally
- Schematic views together with optional GIS based graphic network visualization
- Greater efficiency in day-to-day operations, supported by end-to-end signal tracing
- Better management of infrastructure capacity and available resources
- Reduction in investment costs
- Consistent network documentation and planning, supported by automatic routing
- Integrated workflow functions support processing and facilitate everyday routine tasks
- Faster impact analysis
- Reduced fault repair times, leading to higher customer satisfaction
- Optimized costs and process times
- Reduced operating costs
- ́Key performance indicators (KPIs), including historic changes
- Detailed status and performance data showing users and customers
- Powerful analysis functions and graphical reports for a better understanding of overall capacity utilization and growth
- Tailored information for all users
Download the Solution Sheet
Request your demo now!
FNT Supports Colt Data Centre Services’ Evolution to a Leading Provider of Hyperscale Data Centers
Colt Data Centre Services (Colt DCS) has been designing, building, and operating data centers in Europe and Asia and providing co-location services for more than 25 years. Over 1,000 customers in the world’s most data-critical industries trust Colt DCS to secure their information. In November 2021, Colt DCS sold 12 of its European co-location data centers to focus on the Hyperscale market. This case study explains the journey that Colt DCS has taken with one of its key vendors, FNT Software, and highlights the future collaboration between FNT and the team at Colt DCS.
Advanced Methods for Success in the Digital Economy
The world is becoming more digital: network infrastructures are constantly growing and their complexity is increasing. The IoT and Industry 4.0 brings billions of new connected devices. At the same time, security and availability requirements are increasing. One thing is clear: managing network operation and expansion efficiently in the future will require an inside view of the infrastructure. Learn more in our white paper!
Taking data center automation to new levels with a combined FNT/ABB solution
Managing data centers is complicated. It involves multiple tools, a combination of manual and automated processes that aren’t always in sync, and data that isn’t always available when needed. A single solution simply cannot handle the complexity of a modern data center. Integrating best-in-class tools is the key to increasing efficiency and productivity across all departments. It makes sure all are working together in an integrated way and not operating in silos. Read our new white paper to learn how FNT together with ABB have made data center management more efficient just by working together.
A Data Center´s Guide for Managing Hybrid Resources
The pandemic has heightened the need for digital transformation and is accelerating its mainstream adoption to support remote workforces, increased bandwidth, IoT, and virtualization. To ensure success in the aftermath of COVID-19 and remain competitive in a digital world, businesses must also understand how infrastructure management is evolving. In this white paper, we’ll discuss why today’s modern data centers need hybrid digital infrastructure management for greater visibility into digital infrastructure and to support increased mobility.
In this webinar, ABB and FNT Software show how enterprises and colocation providers are employing integrated tools and processes to achieve high-caliber data center management. The focus will be on how to combine monitoring and control of facilities with IT asset management and capacity planning, and the big benefits that can be realized as a result.