Centralized Network Management to Deliver Faster, More Stable Connections
Efficient provisioning and a positive customer experience is vital in today’s competitive digital world. Offering the types of network connections customers demand, setting up new connections quickly and ensuring uninterrupted service for established connections are a must. But in this age of digital transformation, these can be difficult to deliver. Successful businesses will be those that retain control of their changing networks and give customers the quality services they expect.
Networks need speed. Whether setting up connections, links between data center customers and communication service providers or the cage next door, being able to do it quickly is vital.
The speed with which operators can fulfill customer requests is dependent on their underlying IT network infrastructure. Once centralized networks are becoming distributed, dynamically interconnected systems. Today’s network and data center operators must manage an increasingly complex environment with multiple technical solutions, multiple connectivity points and redundant connections, and be capable of supporting increasing traffic loads between sites and systems residing in different domains. To ensure reliable connectivity amid this complexity, they will need to centrally manage all cable and telecommunication network resources in their infrastructure, both inside and outside of the plant.
It provides functionality for cable infrastructure, as well as auto-routing and signal tracing across all assets and cables to route new connections and operate end-to-end connectivity. On the logical and service layers, it supports all types of transport network technologies and provides seamless navigation throughout all hierarchical layers.
Outside plant cable network infrastructure elements, inside plant cable and passive network infrastructure elements, and diverse technologies and topologies all factor into delivering high quality connectivity.
- Provisioning patch cables, connectivity and cross-connects between ecosystem peers
- Planning, routing and cabling of physical interconnections (signal routes)
- Automatic creation and distribution of work orders according to planned activities
- Optional integration of Automated Infrastructure Management (AIM) / Intelligent Patch Management (IPS) systems for end-to-end workflows, automatic documentation, and real-time event notification
Connectivity reliability and resiliency are achievable with a comprehensive source of all network and service data to rely on, and a management tool that simplifies everyday tasks.
- Incident management – run impact analysis on affected services
- Plan maintenance windows and analyze affected services
- Data enrichment to automate incident and problem management processes
- Support repair process / spare part management / Card (type) change / life cycle management
- Leased Line / Dark fiber management
Precise information about used and available resources is key to accurately assess capacity needs and proactively strengthen infrastructure. The right tool is needed to manage, route and provision network capacities across all physical and logical network and service resources.
- Install and maintain new capacities
- Manage own resources with reports on used/available resources and identify stranded assets
- Manage external (leased line/dark fiber) resources
- Availability report details what type of ports / services are available at specific sites
The solution delivers full transparency through an integrated data model that can replicate all description levels in a single database – from the underlying physical layer through the applications to the business services.
- Sophisticated planning and auto-routing functions allow you to achieve faster, consistent planning and documentation
- Integrated workflow capabilities support the handling of network changes and facilitate daily routine tasks
- Supports hybrid networks comprised of both legacy physical hardware and state of the art network technologies for consistent planning and operations across network types
- Consistent documentation and planning based on up-to-date, accurate data by means of integrated processes from planning through to implementation in the network
- Gain full transparency across passive inside and outside plant resources, including graphical georeferenced representations
- Improve efficiency in day-to-day operations to deliver reliable services
- Reduce fault repair time and increase connectivity
- Speed up service delivery
- State-of-the-art data center inventory management over entire lifecycle of equipment
- Clear, accurate, end-to-end view for all objects and relations
- Reduce OPEX, plus optimized costs and process times
- Optimize use of infrastructure capacities and reduction of CAPEX
- Track key performance indicators, including historical changes
- Share meaningful status and performance data with users and clients
- Powerful analytics features and graphical evaluations support better understanding of all capacity utilization and growth
- Supply needed information to all types of users
Download the Solution Sheet
Request your demo now!
FNT Supports Colt Data Centre Services’ Evolution to a Leading Provider of Hyperscale Data Centers
Colt Data Centre Services (Colt DCS) has been designing, building, and operating data centers in Europe and Asia and providing co-location services for more than 25 years. Over 1,000 customers in the world’s most data-critical industries trust Colt DCS to secure their information. In November 2021, Colt DCS sold 12 of its European co-location data centers to focus on the Hyperscale market. This case study explains the journey that Colt DCS has taken with one of its key vendors, FNT Software, and highlights the future collaboration between FNT and the team at Colt DCS.
How Colocation Providers Can Use IT to Differentiate Themselves in Today's Saturated Market
More businesses are opting to collocate today, and the types of services they want are expanding. As traditional services become commoditized, colos must find new ways to differentiate themselves and provide added value to their customers. Successful colos will be those that leverage new and emerging connectivity services to distinguish themselves from competitors.
Top criteria of a modern solution
Cables are a critical component of almost all areas of IT and telecommunications. Failures or defects can have serious consequences. Therefore, the larger, more complex and system-relevant cable infrastructures are, the more important their professional management is. Read what makes a modern documentation and management solution stand out.