Facilitate Mobile Rollout and Operations in an Increasingly Digital World
Mobile is expected to play a major role in industry digitalization. The rollout of new 5G networks is central to digital transformation efforts and will continue to gain momentum. Managing mobile networks and their new technological characteristics is key to enabling new digital services and tapping into new revenue streams.
Capacity and coverage of mobile networks are two primary concerns in today’s digital economy. Networks need additional bandwidth to enable the flow of massive amounts of data. They also need to reach users and devices (i.e. the “things” of IoT) wherever they are located, with minimal latency and improved energy efficiency. While it is possible to achieve both, it will require network upgrades to accommodate new network architectures and technologies. It will also require additional sites be brought online, configured and operated.
Request your demo now!
Request your demo now!
Three Solution Levels
One size does not fit all, especially when it comes to software. All solutions are available in three versions of progressively increasing functionality. Choose the level of support that best suits your needs. Change your selection as your needs change.
Request your demo now!
Automatic creation and routing of work orders, inventory checks, and integration with ERP systems to manage purchasing results in process efficiencies that yield substantial cost saving.
- Improve the planning and rollout of active and passive equipment per site, including change management and milestone tracking
- Create work orders according to planned activities
- Distribute work orders via workflow integration to different teams and subcontractors for execution
- Manage asset information in combination with integrated spare part management functionality
Many new mobile sites, with hundreds and thousands of configuration parameters assigned to active and passive devices and cells per technology (2-3-4- 5G), are needed. Managing these configuration parameters requires complete transparency for optimal planning, rollout and operations.
- Manage configuration data for active nodes, passive infrastructure, and cells
- Store configuration data on several layers (i.e. as-is, blueprint, planned) and report on discrepancies
- Manage default set of configuration parameters for planning and validation
- Reconciliation of as-is configuration data by integrating the RAN vendors’ EMS systems
- Load planning parameters from external radio planning systems
A huge number of mobile sites is required to support 4G and 5G rollouts. A tremendous amount of information is generated and collected to prepare, beginning with the initial need for a new site. A significant amount of data must be stored and made available for rollout planning, execution and ongoing operations.
- Manage site information from “candidate” status to “in operation”
- Manage relevant infrastructure equipment and data per site (civil, safety, facility)
Operating the mobile network is much more challenging in the 4G and 5G world. The intricate mix of technologies, infrastructure, architecture and assets makes end-to-end visibility and the ability to see dependencies and impacts across all layers a critical must-have for network operators.
- Access to Mobile RAN and microwave link configuration data to support daily operations
- Provide impact analysis in the event of an outage or to manage maintenance windows
- Data enrichment for monitoring and ticketing systems to automate incident and problem management processes
- Support repair processes, spare part management, and lifecycle management
- Plan network expansions and rollouts based on accurate as-is documentation
- Create automatic work orders for field teams to execute the planned tasks
- Keep data current by automatically updating the documentation as a result of planning
- Synchronize ERP purchasing activities with planning results and bill of material reports
- Centrally manage configuration data on several layers (as-is, blueprint, planned, etc.) as there are thousands of configuration parameters per site in 4G/5G networks.
- Compare data and create discrepancy reports more efficiently between layers at different times
- Apply rules to analyze, compare and modify configuration data
- Automatically create and archive reports
- Faster identification of configuration changes
- Up-to-date information available to plan and manage repair processes
- On-site activity is supported with access to all relevant data required
- Data enrichment optimizes incident and problem management processes
- Tasks are prioritized in daily operations to avoid SLA breaches
- Dependencies and relations between active and passive devices can be queried immediately