Managing network connectivity services both inside plant and throughout the campus – crucial for your digitization strategy.
Whether it is a B2C application that needs to connect to a banking system, the interconnected drive interface of a car or the autonomous transportation unit on a factory floor: Every digital service use case hinges on data connectivity. Complete control over all elements and assets in your network and the employed technologies is crucial for success.
FNT Enterprise Connectivity Management
FNT Enterprise Connectivity Management (Internal Network) has at its core a central repository that provides a complete inventory of all active and passive network resource data, including end-to-end connections. This network related data is an important component of the organization’s IT documentation. The solution provides the accurate as-is documentation needed to facilitate both new cable infrastructure rollouts and extensions of existing networks. A comprehensive planning functionality greatly simplifies moving, adding, and changing network assets and CIs. Powerful auto-routing functionality identifies the best, media-independent signal routes. Blueprinting and templating mechanisms with integrated parameter management enforce standardization, speed up provisioning and help to avoid misconfigurations.
Powerful graphical visualizations facilitate ongoing operations of the network. Inside and outside overviews, either schematic or augmented by an integrated GIS capability for full geo-referencing, make it easy to navigate through network topologies. Signal tracing features help to find faults and determine optimization potential.
The solution organizes and manages connectivity services in a product catalogue. This enables enterprises to holistically design, offer, roll out and operate advanced network connectivity as a business service, complete with transparent SLA/OLA descriptions, service quality parameters and pricing.
Request your demo now!
Doing so necessitates enterprises invest in their networks. They need to modernize both passive and active network components inside office buildings, on factory floors and across campuses. This is an ongoing process that will only work if documentation is up-to-date, comprehensive planning capabilities are available and flawless operations management is supported.
Request your demo now!
- Gather and consolidate network data in greenfield scenarios or quickly and easily migrate and improve quality of data from existing network repositories
- Track any network CI with holistic CI lifecycle status management
- Reconcile the network inventory database with auto-discovery information of all active network components for an always up-to-date data repository
- Know the exact location of any active network infrastructure element, how it is configured, what software runs on it, who owns it, and what contracts exist for support and maintenance
- Manage maintenance schedules and phase out active network infrastructure elements in a controlled procedure
- Visualize the network structure and navigate through it with ease
- Analyze the documented network infrastructure landscape for unused port capacity and suboptimal routings
- Optimize the overall network configuration and utilize hidden reserve potential without additional investment
- Plan network extensions for new rooms, floors buildings or campus expansions
- Execute controlled technology changes, e. g. from copper to optical fiber, with optimized effort and material cost
- Determine the expected active and passive network CI and cable type quantities, anticipate workload and control the scope of the actual rollout
- Merge the technical infrastructure elements of the network into a true connectivity service design using a combination of the FNT bE_Method and a holistic master data management approach
- Manage the network infrastructure as a part of the overall IT service portfolio including offer and contract management, change management, and IT service accounting
- Design connectivity services in terms the customer can easily understand
- Integrate the full SLA perspective by specifying service availability, helpdesk support availability, reaction and response times, maintenance windows, etc., as service parameters and offer them in standardized sizings with selectable options to populate request portals & shop frontends
Deliver exceptional connectivity and network infrastructure services
Design and operate network services holistically from the physical active and passive network components level up to virtualized network connections. Provision new connections and whole network segment rollouts faster and increase performance, availability, and reliability to meet customer expectations and fulfil SLAs. Promote positive perception of IT and improve overall internal customer satisfaction.
Minimize cost of procuring and operating complex network infrastructure environments
Optimize complex network infrastructure landscapes by enforcing standardization on the component level while still offering flexible service choices to users. Increase purchase volume per manufacturer and strengthen your negotiation position. Detect and utilize hidden reserves in port capacity, cable duct capacity and realize cost savings by optimizing routings.
Achieve standardized policy enforcement
Decrease operational delivery efforts and increase speed with streamlined and coordinated delivery, operations and maintenance processes over the whole network component service lifecycle. Reduce unnecessary hardware and configuration diversity by defining and working with standard templates. This will reduce planning and execution errors, minimize overhead and eliminate undefined process and system states.
See issues and fix them before they become a problem.
Detect network CIs devices that need to be replaced and take action before they become obsolete. Identify network component types that are prone to failures and are more difficult to maintain to inform future device selection and configuration for overall availability and reliability improvements. Plan ahead for major overhauls and extensions to optimize project cost and duration and reduce risks in project execution.