Know What You Have in Your Data Center, What You Need and How to Optimize the Use of Resources
Data centers are at the heart of today’s information economy. They are the control centers that keep information flowing throughout the enterprise. Having the right processes, tools and methodologies to accurately manage capacity is critical for staying competitive in today’s on-demand digital world.
Today’s digitally transforming economy places new requirements on data centers, which must keep up with different types and increased volume of workloads. FNT DC Capacity Management (Add-on) helps make sense of all the information flowing through the various systems that comprise the data center. With a clear view of current capacity status and forecasted requirements, management can determine the need for and prioritize investments in alternatives such as colocation, public cloud, and managed hosting services, as well as operational considerations.
Request your demo now!
The goal is to achieve a required degree of optimization. This is only possible when processes for routinely reviewing, analyzing, and planning capacity within the data center are in place. Any analysis of infrastructure should have a lens for both current and future computing requirements, and be inclusive of core computing resources, power and cooling resources, and overall data center floor space. When these components are collectively evaluated, more informed decisions can be made and enterprises can focus on the key issues: how to integrate and capitalize on the combination of today’s data center resources, and where they should invest in the future.
FNT DC Capacity Management is an optional extension for centralized management of data center capacity planning, design, and implementation. Solution components cover all relevant features for facility, IT, and data center management teams to optimize the use of all their resources and facilitate day to day activities. Additionally, knowing about all resources is valuable for management in order to make decisions based on reliable and accurate data.
Request your demo now!
Three Solution Levels
One size does not fit all, especially when it comes to software. All solutions are available in three versions of progressively increasing functionality. Choose the level of support that best suits your needs. Change your selection as your needs change.
Request your demo now!
Visualize and analyze floor space usage, floor design, weight load, rack space and energy usage to help keep space, power, cooling, and consumption under control for all on-premise sites and colocation space, including virtual assets.
- Guarantee that computing resources, power load, white space footprint and cooling capacity will be able to meet the workload demands of users and clients
- Maximize existing resources and increase density
- Compare actual consumption to plan and analyze growth over time
- Compare capacity usage and requirements to estimate reliable need projections.
- Variables used in calculations include:
- Historical growth rates
- Granular forecasts
- Actual planned changes
- Scenario planning
- Reduce energy cost
- Increase energy efficiency
- Reduce carbon footprint
- Comply with Green IT and similar regulations
- Reduce overprovisioning of resources while guaranteeing safe operational conditions and tier level resilience
- Identify unused capacities and potential capacity issues in the data center
- Analyze actual capacity used to determine need for consolidation project or greenfield build
- Proactive planning with tool-assisted maintenance of safe operating conditions
- Set up greenfield sites
- Consolidate resource for moves from legacy to greenfield or colocation
- Maintain optimum operational environment conditions in white space areas
- Consistent documentation and planning supported by auto-routing
- Integrated workflow capabilities support the handling of network transformations and facilitate daily routine tasks
- Full transparency across passive inside and outside plant resources
- Improved efficiency in day-to-day operations supported by end-to-end signal tracing
- Reduced fault repair time resulting in greater customer satisfaction
- Optimized costs and process times
- Reduced OPEX
- Better management of infrastructure capacities and available resources
- Reduction of CAPEX
- Track key performance indicators (KPIs), including historical changes
- Share meaningful status and performance data with users and clients
- Powerful analytics features and graphical evaluations support better understanding of all capacity utilization and growth
- Supply needed information to all types of users