Centralized Planning, Operation and Management of Passive Inside and Outside Plant Infrastructure
Data volumes are increasing, and network traffic is growing. These are the realities of the digital age. To keep up, service providers are scrambling to roll out more fiber and introduce new technologies. The result is increasing network complexity. Millions of physical assets, logical resources and connections in the cable network must be managed. Doing so is difficult but essential, as these networks are the foundation for delivering the services that keep businesses operational.
IT is spreading into all areas of life as both residential and business customers consume and generate massive amounts of data. Network operators must ensure their fiber-optic networks in the transport and mobile fronthaul and backhaul arena, FTTx infrastructures in access networks, and HFC networks can keep pace with traffic. They are therefore laying more fiber, connecting more mobile sites to fiber, and extending fiber closer to end users.
Request your demo now!
FNT Cable and Outside Plant Management makes it possible to efficiently operate complex passive network infrastructures. It gives full transparency across the network to document, plan and manage any inside and outside plant cable network infrastructure. From a service assurance perspective, this is the best defense against service interruption. From a planning perspective, it ensures changes are based on accurate as-built documentation and that all changes are reflected in a centralized management system.
Using FNT Cable and Outside Plant Management and Telco Active Inventory solutions together enables management of the complete collection of network and service resources of an active telco transport network. All the hierarchically structured services and paths in FNT Telco Active Inventory can be assigned to the appropriate underlying resources in FNT Cable and Outside Plant Management.
Request your demo now!
Three Solution Levels
One size does not fit all, especially when it comes to software. All solutions are available in three versions of progressively increasing functionality. Choose the level of support that best suits your needs. Change your selection as your needs change.
Request your demo now!
Whether to meet bandwidth requirements for residential and business customers, to split up HFC clusters and move fiber closer to the customer, or to support 4G/5G rollouts, operators must lay more fiber as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Supports all types of infrastructure:
- cable (fiber, copper, coax), including patch cables, patch panels, splice closures and splice cassettes
- passive outside plant, including ducts, micro-ducts, trenches, and manholes
- Supports planning and auto-routing of physical interconnections (signal routes) including patches and splices required to realize the connection
- Automatically creates work orders for the field force team according to planned tasks
- Enables assignment of service usage for every connection
- Provides schematic and geo-referenced representation of physical connections
- Enables workflow integration
- Includes HFC capabilities, such as calculating signal levels and attenuation and remote power supply of amplifiers
Mitigating service interruption is easier when information about where an outage occurred and what services are affected is readily available. Detailed up-to-date information about the cable infrastructure, the physical interconnections and assigned redundancy information are mandatory to manage the cable and outside plant infrastructure efficiently and with high quality.
- Impact analysis reports on services affected by outage
- End-to-end signal tracing across all devices and cables
- Fault localization for cable issues using cable length information
- GIS based fault localization using OTDR data
- Graphical visualization of cable and OSP/ISP network layout
Data that details used and available resources of the cable and passive OSP/ISP infrastructure, external resources used in combination with own resources (dark fibers, etc.), and availability information about what infrastructure resources are available close to a specific address.
- Reports on cable and fiber resources and connections
- Identifies available/used resources in ducts, micro-ducts, splice closures, splices cassettes, etc.
- Manages available resources to optimize CAPEX investments
- Availability reports show what infrastructure resources are available
- Dashboards with graphical representation of capacity data
- Consistent documentation and planning supported by auto-routing
- Automatic creation of work orders for field execution of planned tasks
- Documentation is automatically updated as a result of planning
- Full transparency across passive inside and outside plant resources
- Schematic views as well as GIS based graphical network visualization
- Improved efficiency in day-to-day operations supported by end-to-end signal tracing
- Reduced mean time to repair resulting in greater customer satisfaction
- Optimized costs and process times
- Reduced OPEX
- Better management of infrastructure capacities and available resources
- Full transparency on capacity utilization across the network
- Reduction of CAPEX