FNT won the ICT Management Product of the Year based on its core Product FNT Command05/23/2017
Each year the European Data Centre industry meet in London at the DCS Awards Dinner to recognise outstanding achievements and innovative technologies across facilities and IT categories. FNT were very proud to have won the important ICT Management Product of the Year award for their acclaimed FNT Command and FNT ServicePlanet products; recognised as a world leading solution for IT Services delivery. Already implemented in +50% DAX in Germany, FNT continues to grow its customer base in the UK and other regions.
Pictured with Soeren Schroeder (FNT VP UK, Ireland and Nordics) and Simon Allen (FNT Bus Dev UK) (far right and left) are Neil Halliday (JP Morgan) and Alfonso Arias (IBM) who helped celebrate FNT’s success.
FNT won the ICT Management Product of the Year based on its core Product FNT Command
Data centres are at the heart of modern digitized organisations and have become an integral part in the business value chain. A wide range of disciplines and stakeholders are involved and have to be synchronized and orchestrated properly. To effectively address the requirements of modern organisations, FNT’s innovative ICT software FNT Command provides transparency in an integrated way for the management of IT, network infrastructures, data centres, connectivity and telecommunication. The deep integration of all data items and the comprehensive data model are unique in the software market. It builds the central resource repository for all planning, fulfilment and assurance processes for data centres and all related business areas like cabling, inter- & intraconnectivity, virtualization, server management, monitoring, IT equipment etc.
Using an appropriate data model across all layers – from the smallest fuse/breaker, active and passive components, upwards through the server, VM, application, and business service – ensures that data centre stakeholders have access to planning and analysis/optimization options. The addition of workflows helps to improve efficiency by simplifying recurring tasks and preventing errors, while also meeting compliance and security requirements. The result is a significant reduction in workload, which frees up staff to focus on non-automatable tasks and planning.
The central ICT management platform, FNT Command, supports planning and operation, automation of processes, fault prevention, and better utilization of resources. In doing so, the software enables data centre managers to merge the three key areas of planning, management, and monitoring – and thereby achieve a comprehensive overview across multiple departments.
Especially in heterogeneous data centre environments the holistic overview has proven to be very valuable in terms of increasing overall productivity and efficiency. FNT Command is widely used by many customers to manage their hybrid infrastructure in combination with external services provided by external managed service providers.
FNT Command provides transparency across all departments involved with data centre management and thereby enable DC managers to make their value to the business visible and measurable
Integration technology with other third party products bridges the gap between organisational silos and supports the vision of an integrated data centre management
Complete and detailed insights enable managers to proactively manage complex IT infrastructures to increase overall DC efficiency and productivity rather than just being reactive on outcomes
FNT Command features an open system architecture to achieve seamless communication with external systems and thereby expand use cases.
More about FNT Command
FNT's ICT solution based on FNT Command is the central management and optimization software for data centres. From the building infrastructure (power, cooling, floorspace, etc.) and IT infrastructure (such as networks, servers, and storage) down to the services (software, applications, and services), FNT enables a comprehensive and integrated view of valuable data centre resources.
- Extensive planning capabilities enable data centre managers to access the data at any future point in time and thus improve the quality of decision making
- Comprehensive database provides all required information with their logical relationships to accelerate daily business processes
- Integrated view of all service assets and CIs over the entire service lifecycle, from planning to decommissioning/scrapping, including historization
- All logical and physical relationships associated with an IT service and service asset/CI are available in their respective representations (actual and planning states)
- Coverage of the entire infrastructure (hardware, software, licenses, contracts, documents) and the interrelationships
- Efficient analysis and planning of the IT environment thanks to an integrated component library containing over 50,000 active and passive IT components depicted in a photo-realistic manner
- Reliable load and capacity displays with accurate prediction allow precise planning scenarios and efficient resource management
- Powerful evaluation, reporting, and dashboarding functionality allow to more efficiently use data centre resources and capacities (e.g. reduce unplanned downtimes and mean time to repair)
- Web-based front-end allows location independent data access and thereby helps to achieve 100% control of all areas of data centres wherever they are located
- Extensive integration capabilities using various integration technologies for uni- and bidirectional data exchange (API, ETL) ensure performance and stability of interfaces via bulk data exchange, event-driven data integration, and integration without data exchange
- All types of line-based and wireless network technologies for transmission, access, cell phone, and cable networks and for satellite and radio/TV broadcast networks, such as SDH, PDH, WDM, ATM, IP, MPLS, Ethernet, NGN, VPN, xPON, FTTx, xDSL, HFC, WiFi, radio relay systems, and others
- Clearly structured documentation and management of connections and services throughout the entire network
- Autorouting functionality with extensive routing criteria and plausibility checks
- Georeferenced representation of networks (WebGIS integration)
- Management of leased lines and dark fibers
- Storage, software, and application management
- Planning and documentation of modern server environments, including physical and virtual servers
- Depiction and management of physical and logical network structures, including IPv4 and IPv6 address management, WAN, VLAN, and WLAN management
- Easy integration into existing IT environments and information provider for all relevant ITIL processes (e.g., incidents and problem and change management)
Back to overview